1.15.2011

In The Bowl


For Christmas I ask for kitchen things and boy did Santa deliver! I probably should have made some sort of New Years resolution about cooking instead of winning the Lotto Max. Although winning the Lotto Max would likely afford me a lot more time for cooking.

This week I made my second meal out of my new Melissa Clark cookbook, In the Kitchen with A Good Appetite. I must say that I have enjoyed this cookbook even though I haven't cooked much out of it yet. The cookbook is a good read, the recipes are fairly easy and quick and don't make enough to feed an army. Which I am happy about, because sometimes you want leftovers but you never want THAT many leftovers.



I made Red Lentil Soup With Lemon, which did not disappoint. In fact Scott, who agree to having soup for dinner only because I wanted it, announced that the soup was 100% better than expected. And this announcement brings me to the second dinner surprise, the sunflower encrusted soda bread which was pretty controversial. Who knew that seeds on bread could turn into roasty, crunchy, yummyness!

No comments: