10.19.2010

The Island

For 3 years I basically lived on Granville Island. I went to school there in the day, I studied there in the evenings and I worked in the public market on the weekends. And I have found that when you tell people that you went to school on Granville Island that standard response is "Oh wow, you're so lucky!"

But it didn't feel that way. It was a constant battle to find a parking spot or to squeeze your waythrough a mob of tourist just grab something to eat before class. The "wow factor" wore off rather quickly. When I finished school I was sure I would never be able to enjoy Granville Island ever again. But that was just about 10 years ago. And it really isn't so bad anymore.
The Best way to get to the island: the ferry.
Good company.
The Bridges
I used to work across the way from the plant store, I often went home with a new addition.
Inside the Public Market.
The cement factory.
Opus: most of my student loan was spent here.

Under the bridge.
The Waterfall building.
Pears from the Market.

Last stop, a new bike seat.

No comments: